Asset Removal from Web Wallet - Geo-Blocked Countries

Hello,
I just noticed that I’m in a country that will lose access to the Web Wallet 15-Jan due to geo-blocking.

My assets are currently staked and will require 21 days to unstake and I will lose access before it’s complete.

Could someone please confirm whether I will lose access to my assets becasue of this last minute “public service announcement”? If not, any solutions to avoid this would be extremely welcomed and appreciated.

hello,
Which login method do you use to access your wallet?
If it is Keplr or cosmos-ledger app, they can be accessed on http://wallet.keplr.app/ or https://cosmos.leapwallet.io/, any other wallets that support persistence using keplr extension or other wallet extensions etc.

If you use keystore file or persistence ledger app then I think best will be migrate asap, wait for others to respond.

Hi,
I’m using the Persistence One Web Wallet a keystore file. My understanding is I can’t migrate in time, as not enough advance warning was given.

Would a VPN be able to circumnavigate the geo-blocking?

Standing by for other responses.

Thank you

Hi, we are aware of the short notice and we’ll ensure that the migration option remains available for a longer period of time. Potentially that might be via another url, either way, we’ll keep the community informed through our usual channels.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Best regads

Hi dneorej. I am unstaking (1/1/2024) and I am going to run into the same issue. I will have to wait until January 22nd to move to my Keplr wallet from my Persistence One Web Wallet. I am commenting to keep tabs on this thread. I am glad you are ensuring a migration option. Whew!

Hey @cat

You need not unbond tokens and wait 21 days to move your XPRT tokens to a different wallet. Staked XPRT tokens can be transferred directly from pWallet to a new Keplr/Leap/Cosmostation wallet by following this guide.

Additionally, to improve the user experience for XPRT stakers, unbonding requests can now be cancelled at any time during the 21-day unbonding period on Keplr and pWallet. See how by following this guide.

Hope this helps, thanks!

Thank you for the quick response. I will go ahead and unbond then transfer.

You don’t need to unbond to transfer tokens by the way. It is a major pain from a user’s perspective + staking rewards are forfeited during the 21-day unbonding period.

Thank you for the link. The instructions are super simple. I was able to unbond from the Cosmostake Validator, but I get an advisory that I have “Insufficient Validator Bonds” to make a transfer.

Also, I had a large amount that I staked was with stake.fish, and I get the following advisory when attempting to unbond, “failed to execute message; message index: 0: validator for this address is currently jailed”

1 Like

Validator Bond is a self-bond requirement from validators to be able to process these transactions. In case the validator you have delegated to does not have sufficient bond, you can redelegate to on that has it (validators with a non-zero amount of ‘Remaining Liquid Shares Capacity’ on the SmartStake XPRT Validator Bond Dashboard), and follow the same steps again.

stake.fish are not a part of the active set. You can re-delegate to a different validator (one with sufficient validator bond), and follow the same steps.

Having the same issue as cat, I attmpeted to redelegate to another validator (Staking4All) with sufficient Remaining Liquid Shares Remaining before transferring delelgation; however, I receive the following message when attempting the transaction: “failed to execute message; message index: 0: redelegation to this validator already in progress; first redelegation to this validator must complete before next redelegation”. It’s been several hours since the first attempt, and subsequent attempts have produced the same message. I’ve redelegated in the past without encountering this issue. Any ideas?

Is there any other redelegation pending? As the message highlights, can you pls ensure that goes through and try it again? Have you tried redelegating to a different validator?

Not that I’m aware of. None of the redelegations have worked since trying about 36 hours ago. I’ve also tried redelegating to Smart Stake, but am receiving the same message.

I missed the deadline and now can no longer access my web wallet from the UK. How can I unstake and move my funds from the persistence wallet now? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Is it advisable to try and access the old wallet with a vpn and then follow these instructions:

Hi @sajp the Persistence One dApps, including pWallet can also be found on the alternative decentralized front-ends that are contributing to the decentralization of the network and dApps.

List of alternative decentralized front-ends: Alternative Frontends - Persistence One

Note: These alternative front-ends are NOT hosted or operated by Persistence Labs. We are only maintaining the repository of the alternative front-end links hosted by known and proactive validators and contributors to prevent misinformation and ensure that users have access to verified links. Please also DYOR before you interact.

Anyone, including yourself from the community can now deploy a decentralized web app and host their own interface using IPFS and contribute to further decentralization of the network: Hosting IPFS Versions with Pinata - Persistence One

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your help. I managed to transfer everything over by using a VPN to access the normal persistence wallet which I thought was the safest option. Thank you.

Hi Puneet

I haven’t check my account very long time due to lost my investment ATH 2021. my account is blocked. I was be to find the discord for help some one from support group GDigitz ticket #6253 send me the links one is how access my wallet and 2nd one is vault link with many wallet lists to connect, I tried to connect my ledger but connection errors occurring , he recommended to type seeds the on link , he told me it is important to use the link i kept adding seeds but failing 5x at least it was very late I will connect with him following day.
next morning my wallet is wipe out lost 1.2 etc. the other link he send me i was able to connect my wallet. Today I find your official site and follow the steps and have created a Keplr wallet and I tired to redeem the asset transfer out my asset by using Keplr wallet, I don’t have enough gas to transfer.
and I’m kinds scare if this scammer is link to my wallet - pls help

Hey, please click on Advance and use gas as 800000