Increase governance deposit

We have started getting scam proposals, so it is time to increase minimum deposit for governance. Current value seems to be 512XPRT, which is just over $80 at current token price, and clearly that is not enough. Value should be enough to discourage these scam proposals, but still something that is accessible for the community. I suggest we go to at least $500 worth of XPRT.

As background information, last time this topic was visited, the price for governance proposal deposit was $1600 [Param Change] Increase Deposit Amount for adding Proposals and suggestion was to almost double that. However, that part of the proposal was not acted on at that time.

2 Likes

I think is apropiate to rise the amount at least 3x the current deposit.

I support this change! From the discord channel under governance discussions it seems like many validators support this change too

2 Likes

Agree with the proposal and the suggested minimum deposit for governance amount too.

2 Likes

I find it hard to believe that these scammers still believe they can fool Cosmonauts with proposals like this :thinking: But absolutely agree with raising the minimum deposit. In an ideal world we should set a fixed dollar amount where the equivalent XPRT amount adapts automatically according to the current token price at the time of submitting a proposal. But not sure if that is possible :slight_smile:

2 Likes

let me know which pool, and I will figure something :wink:

Good idea :+1:
$500 would be an appropriate amount.